October 1 - 5

This Week:

Monday, Oct. 1st - Beautiful Stuff bags due today.

Tuesday, Oct. 2nd - 1st Visit to the Learning Commons

Wednesday, Oct. 3rd -

Thursday, Oct. 4th -

Friday, Oct. 5th - PM class attends 9:10-1:10pm. Orange Shirt Day for PM class  (No school for AM class)

Last Week:

Fine motor activities are our daily focus.  We continue to attend to demonstrating a proper pencil grip so that we may strengthen our hand and finger muscles as well as develop good habits for writing.  We have worked on various directional lines as well as lines that have a particular start and stop line.  Ask me how to make a ladder! Down, down, left to right with a start and a stop.

Check your child's pencil grasp:


We have now been exposed to sorting items by colour, shape and size.  We will continue to focus on these three attributes over the coming weeks and challenge our selves to choose our own sorting rule, sort by multiple rules and create our own sorting rules all while using our math language to orally share our thinking and learning.
"I sorted by small, medium and big."
"I sorted the animals.
Here are the big animals and the small animals."


As we continue to explore "I am unique", the students used loose parts to create themselves. We talked about how we are all different and how our differences make us special.

"I think these ears are the same size as mine. They are perfect!"
"I made my smile so big!
Sometimes I smile inside my heart, even if I am not on the outside."
"I made my hair blue and black. I didn't want any pink on my hair!"



Orange Shirt Day
"What does it mean to belong?" As a school-wide activity, we each received a fall leaf and drew a picture of what belonging means to us. We then connected our leaves together.

The Circle of Courage

"I feel belonging when I am with my family."
"I feel belonging when I am with my hockey team."

Important Dates:

Monday, October 8 - Thanksgiving Day - NO school
Thursday, October 11 - Student Photo Day 
- Parent Night - Disciplinary Literacy
Friday, October 12 - AM class attends
Monday, October 15 - School Council and Fundraising Meeting at 6:30 PM
Friday, October 19 - PM class attends
Friday, October 26 - PD Day - NO school for students